Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My First Blog

I guess this is it. I've thought about blogging for years but never got around to it. Well truth be told I'm not a big fan of writing-I would rather make stuff. But I'm hoping this will be inspiring to others and I hope to learn a few things about myself as well.

I'm a professional artist living near St Louis MO. I'm largely self taught (I have a degree in commercial art way back in the day). I consider myself a figure painter but a few years ago I rented an art studio with some friends of mine who were potters. The clay looked so inviting, you can smash, bang and smoosh it. The first time I tried it I was hooked. Now I divide my time between painting and ceramic work.

Lately I've been experimenting with different supports and mixed media. For instance painting on glass or aluminum and also different papers that I attach to boards with acrylic gel medium. This painting I started with a paper they use for those photo books and applied it to a board.


I call this one "Gold Tim" I really like the way the gold leaf shimmers in the light. It is painted on a board and it measures 12"x12"

No comments:

Post a Comment