Saturday, September 7, 2013

Small portrait

I absolutely love painting these small portraits. I feel I can really experiment with them and I don't feel compelled to paint every detail. This is another painting where I am experimenting with different grounds (support or whatever you call it). I like the way paint goes on a slick surface because it doesn't absorb as fast as canvas so it's easier to move it around more. So this has been painted on aluminum flashing which is really cool because it has little sparkles (I love sparkles) where the paint didn't cover or I scratched off.

I sometimes have a hard time coming up with titles. The last post should have been called "Golden Boy" but I don't know how to edit my post...If someone could kindly give me a clue I's appreciate it!!

I think I'll call this "Attitude" (for now)



   It measures 6"x6"x 3/4" painted with oil paints and epoxied onto a cradled board -ready to hang it will be featured in a Daily Paintworks auction

1 comment: